Almost Ready to Sail

Where Next?
Bob Williams
Sun 22 Jan 2023 05:17

Position: Alongside RSAYS Marina, Adelaide
Wind: SSE F4
Weather: sunny, warm

Yesterday I sold the faithful little yellow hatchback. It has served us well over the last year or so and was invaluable in getting Sylph ready for her non-stop circumnavigation. However, now that the circumnavigation is complete and the family Christmas repast is past, and other administrative and personal matters have been attended to, we are ready to cast off the dock lines once more and continue sailing. I am setting a departure date for next Monday, which will allow for some final preparations and the opportunity to say au revoir to family and friends.

One constraint we have for our short term plan is that I am waiting for a new sail to be made which, due to fabric supply issues, won't be ready until March. So, for now we won't stray too far from Adelaide and my intention is to explore some South Australian waters that I have not visited yet, namely the coastline west of Eyre Peninsular. Once the new sail is ready for collection I will return to Adelaide and then most likely continue east and pay my brothers in Melbourne and Townsville a visit.

All is well.