Back to Hobsons
37 50 50 S 144 55.17 E
This morning we made our way over to Hobsons Bay in anticipation of the strong northerlies forecast for tomorrow. We sailed from anchor but the wind died completely and as I wanted to make the most of the calm conditions and the sunshine I flashed up the engine and motored the remaining short distance. Once at anchor it was out paint pots to get the port side deck finished. I completed what I wanted to get done for the day and all that remains now is for application of the non-skid paint which with a little luck I will complete tomorrow if it isn't too windy. Then I can move onto the next area that needs attention, I will probably redo the aft deck next.
After feeling the cold while at anchor last night (RC just doesn't generate enough BTUs), this afternoon I tried to get the diesel heater working. It hasn't been used for ages so it needed quite a bit of cleaning but despite a thorough clean of the carburettor it still isn't getting enough fuel through. Oh well, enough for one day, I will defer pursuing this messy job further for another time, it isn't that cold yet.
All is well.