The major chore for the day was to get the genset working. It has had an intermittent fault ever since the collision, which about two days ago became permanent. A major obstacle to fixing it was that four bolts were seized and, despite coaxing with an impact driver, simply would not budge, consequently I had to drill their heads off.
Eventually I got the thing all apart, during which process I managed to lose some parts over the side causing me no end of frustration, but which fortunately are not critical to getting the thing going again. I managed to get to run for less than a minute, but it is now dead again. The next step will be to replace the spark plug.
All is well.