Wind: S F2
Sea: calm Swell: nil
Weather: mostly sunny, cool
I had a meeting with a couple, John and Annie, last Saturday who had campaigned their vintage Halverson yacht, the Solveig, in the 2021 Sydney to Hobart. It was a worthwhile conversation as they had lots of useful information based on their experience. In particular, it seems I will likely have to have a survey done on Sylph. I had one done after Sylph’s refit in New Zealand but John and Annie were of the opinion that it would likely not satisfy the CYCA race committee. So, I am now investigating what needs to be done, how much it is likely to cost, and what the ramifications are in terms of risk to achieving our goal of entering Sylph in this year’s race. I hope to have an answer by the end of the week and then be able to decide whether to forge ahead or to abandon the project. Hopefully the former will be the result.
In the meantime I have finished modifying Sylph’s lifelines and rails so that they are now compliant with Australia Sailing’s ‘Blue Book’.
All is well.