It has been a nice sunny day, almost warm and I used it to do some much needed work. The first job was of course pulling the wind vane apart. This was a little bit tricky but it is now disassembled and lying in pieces on the pontoon beside Sylph. As I suspected the outer tube through which the rudder post passes is bent, though it looks like the shaft itself was not bent out of alignment. I intend to try to replace the tube rather than straighten it as I expect that it will be significantly weaker than it needs to if it is straightened out, and it is likely to break at a later date and quite likely at a most inconvenient time and/or place.
I had the wind vane all pulled apart by midday so after that I put the dinghy in the water and gave Sylph's port side a much needed scrub, which had black marks and grime on it from lying alongside the numerous fishing harbour walls.
And finally I did a spot of painting on deck. So in all a pretty productive day. Now I need to get stuck into some study.
All is well.