Remaining At Anchor

Position: At anchor Caleta Columbine
Wind: Northwest F5-7 fresh breeze to near gale
Weather: Overcast, occasional drizzle, cool.

I reviewed the weather forecasts this morning and looking out the window decided to remain at anchor for the day. This morning’s forecasts showed strong headwinds and a front coming through tonight with conditions abating a little tomorrow. Unfortunately a more recent forecast shows conditions for tomorrow not much better than today. We will see.

I have spent the day doing a few odd jobs, greased the rudder chain and head bearing and fixed a few small problems that I have been wanting to get around to.

The wind is starting to pick up, hopefully it won’t be as bad as the night in Puerto Tamar. At least I have seen the place we are now in in daylight and if we do drag we should end up out in a big open sound, not on some rocks. But with a little luck we will stay put tonight.

All is well.

Bob Cat:

Definitely a better day for me today, no feelings of needing to abandon ship right now, and I have had plenty of sleep. That horrible wind is howling again outside, I am learning to hate that sound, it often goes along with lots of unpleasantness. Three things I need in life, I am not a uncomplicated feline - warmth, tuna and …. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.