The Mainsail has Arrived

Where Next?
Bob Williams
Wed 31 Mar 2010 02:30

Alongside Ushuaia
Weather: Sunny, calm then windy then calm, cool

This morning I rang the trucking company, “Cruz del Sur”, that was supposed to be delivering the mainsail. It turned out that they had attempted to deliver the mainsail yesterday but were unable to find me. Bother, I must have been in the workshop working on the injector pump. This meant I had to catch a taxi out to them and pick it up. Once back at the yacht club I spent the rest of the day transferring the hardware over from the old mainsail to the new. Work had to be put on hold for a while as a cold katabatic wind slid down the mountains blew furiously for a few hours in the afternoon before returning to a calm evening. Tomorrow morning I will finish bending the mainsail on. If it is really calm I will hoist it to check its measurement, otherwise we are probably not going to know whether it fits properly until out first sail, which with a little bit of luck will be this Saturday on our way to Puerto Williams, Chile.

All is well.

Bob Cat:

Still no tuna …. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.