Back to Japan

1600 Position: 34 46.4 N 129 03.0 E
Course: East Speed: 4 knots
Wind: South F3 gentle breeze
Sea: slight Swell: negligible
Weather: overcast, light drizzle, mild

The weather is forecast to deteriorate tonight, with strong winds from the north east. With this in mind we left Tong Yeong nice and early this morning and motored for a few hours until we found sufficient breeze to allow us to make at least a couple of knots. My objective is to get around the north end of Tsushima Island before the wind shifts and strengthens. Once around Tsushima we will be able to bear away to the south east which, if the forecast proves correct, will put the wind slightly abaft the beam. With reduced sail, a fresh breeze from the north east should not be too much of a problem.

So far so good. Once clear of the southeastern corner of South Korea we found a nice southerly breeze which has kept Sylph moving along nicely. If all goes according to plan we should be back alongside Fukuoka Yacht Marina around midday tomorrow, though the wind has started to fade in the last twenty minutes, which worries me a little. I hope the north easterly change is not coming in early.

All is well.