Departed Naha

1800 Position: 26 23.3 N 127 33.5 E
Course: North west Speed: 1 knot
Wind: North east F2 lighte breeze
Sea: slight Swell: North nor' west 2 meter
Weather: overcast, cool

I was in no hurry to depart Naha this morning for the forecast was for fresh northerly winds gradually easing and veering into the east later in the day. But when I arose the harbour was calm so it seemed there was no hurry to get underway for reasoning completely contrary to my earlier logic. Consequently I had my usual leisurely start to the day, eventually getting underway at eleven. I motored clear of the harbour and at midday set all sail to the light north-easterly and shut down the motor.
I was hoping that as we got clear of the land the wind might freshen a bit but this has not happened - yet. Rather it has faded to almost nothing. Given that the forecast is for the winds to get lighter, which is pretty much impossible, I have replaced the number three jib with the genoa, which is helping a little, but if there is no wind it really doesn't matter how much sail one puts up. And the two meter swell is not helping our progress either.
My official sail plan has us arriving at our next stop, Chabana on Yuron Shima, tomorrow. It is only sixty miles away, but that looks like it might be quite a ways with the current lack of wind. Still, it is nice to be at sea, in the clean salt bitter air.
All is well.