Whitsunday Group Continued
Position: 20 09.28 S 148 55.77 E
So, as intended, on Wednesday we move to anchor off Airlie to wait for the winds to ease. We enjoyed a regular walk ashore to stock up on victuals and stopped by the “lagoon” for a swim and shower on the way back. This morning we assessed that the wind had eased enough and the forecast for the next few days made it worthwhile to enjoy a little more of this part of the world. To this end, we motored to the public dock to top with water and then sailed across Whitsunday Passage to fetch up in Macona Inlet. We will stay here tonight and tomorrow sail around to Whitehaven Beach or nearby depending on the wind direction.