Plan RC

At anchor Reeds Bay, Hilo, the Big Island, Hawai’i

Wind: North west, F3 gentle breeze
Sea: slight Swell: North west 2 meter
Weather: overcast, mild

The primary focus of the last two weeks has been finding a way of returning to Australia within a reasonable time frame and within the constraints of Australia’s stringent quarantine laws. To have kept RC on board would have meant that we would not have been able to return to Australia for over six months which I was not willing to do. Consequently I have flown RC to Calgary in Canada to stay with my friend Sylvia for a while, where I am pleased to report he safely arrived a few hours ago. I am of course sad to lose my friend, and at this stage I am not sure whether it will be a permanent, but it seems to be the best thing for RC. At least he will be well looked after and not left to linger in the confinement of a quarantine station for an excessive period of time.

The next problem I need to solve is to have the #1 head sail repaired. It would appear that my options are limited. Either I proceed to Honolulu where there are two sail makers, which I am not at all keen on, or I repair the sail myself, or I make do with the #3 head sail and stay sail combination. At this stage I am gravitating towards the second option as being the least painful.

Once I have decided what to do about the head sail my plan is to continue on to Fiji where we will haul out to anti-foul and do some maintenance prior to completing our North Pacific voyage and returning to Australia.

Thank you Sylvia.

 

JPEG image