Noon Position: 39 09.8 S 146 27.5 E
We made good progress yesterday afternoon but, as usual, shortly after sunset the breeze soon died off and left us barely making headway. I motor-sailed between White Rock and Seal Island and once clear of those hazards shut down the engine and allowed Sylph to make the best progress she could in the light headwind. Fortunately, tucked in behind Wilsons Promontory helped to keep the sea and swell down a bit, so she managed to ghost along for most of the night in roughly the right direction.
This morning we have been tacking our way past Wilsons Promontory and only have a little further to go before we will be clear of it. The wind is forecast to back into the east tonight so at long last we will have fresh breeze behind us for a bit. Again unfortunately, it is only for a bit as come tomorrow morning the wind will be swinging back into the west and strengthening to above thirty knots as a low pressure passes through.
For now we will aim for Apollo Bay on the eastern side of Cape Otway. I am not sure whether we will make it before the wind shifts but we will give it a go.
All is well.