Life Raft Mk2
Position: at anchor Narooma
We took delivery of the new life raft mk2 yesterday and it is now securely lashed down on the foredeck. Hopefully it will not part company with Sylph unless we want it to.
We plan to depart Narooma tomorrow with the high tide around noon and head for Eden, about 50nm down the coast. Unfortunately, the weather patterns do not look good for getting around Gabo Island and heading west into Bass Strait. A high pressure system approaches and its influence should become more dominant next weekend but I doubt whether it will extend a ridge far enough south to create any favourable winds in Bass Strait for us. All we can do is head down to Eden and wait there, fingers crossed.
Kate and Oli will be continuing on to Eden. Kate is keen to make it to Melbourne but concerned about Oli’s wobbly sea-legs. We shall see how he goes on the way to Eden.
All is well.