Self Steering Fixed

Yesterday I had a pleasant morning visiting my brother's family (Mark was at work), ostensibly to pick up the new wind vane rudder shaft and other parts, but Mon and I enjoyed a coffee together and I got to play with the children for a while. Young Isabella's greeting when I got off the train was a real highlight as she ran up to me smiling and laughing to give me a big hug with her small arms – that was the best hug I have had in many a long year. Mon later dropped me off back at the boat and I immediately set to work unpacking the parts and putting the wind-vane back together again. The first thing I did was to check to see if the upper bearing was the right size, and the second thing I did was to send 'Hydrovane' an email telling them how annoyed I was that they had sent me the wrong sized bearing for a second time despite much correspondence to ensure that this did not happen. I have managed to put the thing back together again using the old bearings so it has turned out to be little more than a disappointing nuisance.  My dealings with 'Hydrovane' have been very good to date so I am confident that they will come to the party and send me new bearings at their expense.  I am just glad I still have the old bearings otherwise I would be stuck here in Melbourne with an non-functioning self steering system for another few weeks.

I caught up with John and Mark last night in town, always good.

Today is clean up day, laundry if I can find a laundromat. Tomorrow I will store ship and if the weather looks good we will continue on our way on Saturday.