The Plan

Where Next?
Bob Williams
Sun 5 Mar 2023 02:05
Position: 33 45.7 S 134 00.6 E
Course: SSW Speed: 6 knots
Wind: SW, F4
Sea: moderate Swell: SW 2 meters
Weather: partly cloudy, mild
Day's run: 88 nm

Thus far, events are unfolding as per the plan.
The wind eventually backed around into the NE, around midnight, allowing us to make ground to the south, and before that we had gradually worked our way offshore so as to be in a good position to make best use of the SW'ly breeze, which in turn filled in at around 0600 after a couple of hours of drifting about in a calm.
The forecast has changed slightly from yesterday, with a warning out for strong winds up to thirty knots. I am hoping that we are far enough offshore that when the wind strengthens we will be able to bear away slightly so as to keep the wind abaft the beam, reducing the apparent wind and thereby making for a more comfortable and speedy ride.
With a little luck this weather pattern should carry us past Eyre Peninsular and into Investigator Strait, and, if we so desire, perhaps on up St Vincent Gulf and back to Adelaide, though I am not sure I want to get back to Adelaide quite so soon.
As ever, events will unfold as they will and I will adapt the plan to suit.
All is well.