Back to Careys Bay

Where Next?
Bob Williams
Sat 16 Jan 2021 20:36

At anchor Careys Bay
Wind: N, F2  Sea: calm  Swell: nil
Weather: overcast, patches of light drizzle, mild
Day’s Run: 3nm

This morning, at 0730 with the high tide, we moved once again, this time back to Careys Bay in anticipation of some W’ly winds this evening. Tomorrow, if all goes according to plan, we will move alongside the Otago Yacht Club, there to await the arrival of the Hydrovane parts which, according to FEDEX, will be arriving on Friday.  As mentioned yesterday I am sceptical but hopeful. Also, looking at the forecast, winds are due to freshen significantly mid-week with a deep low passing to the south of South Island. I will feel much more relaxed within the security of the Otago Yacht Club’s little boat harbour rather than swinging to the anchor out in Otago Harbour.

All is well.