Update from Narooma (with photos)

Position: at anchor Narooma
Wind: SW – F3 gentle breeze
Weather: sunny, cool

We have arranged for delivery of a replacement life raft from ‘Survitec’.  While it has been an expensive exercise, Renee from Survitec has been very helpful and I can report that our dealings with ‘Survitec’ have been very positive.  The new life raft should be delivered on Friday. This time I will lash it down so it won’t go anywhere without being cut free with a knife, at least until I can improve the foredeck stowage so that the release mechanism is as fool (i.e. me) proof as I can make it.

Looking at the weather, there maybe an opportunity to continue south on Sunday, but only as far as Eden which is about 55 nm from here.  There we shall have to wait until a more favourable weather pattern allows us to head west into Bass Strait. Definitely not the right time of year for this particular passage.

In the meantime, here are some photos from the beautiful Wagonga Inlet.

All is well.

 

m_IMG_4555m_IMG_20180511_113134

 

Sylph at anchor:

m_IMG_4549

 

Oli making himself at home:

 

m_IMG_20180516_081930m_IMG_4553