Stephen & Anne
Wed 18 Jun 2008 21:11

38.50.429N 0.07.131E


On Tuesday we were up fairly early – ready to start work on replacing some pipes for the water maker. When we had the water maker installed we had it linked up to some old original copper pipes that ran along the boat to the water tanks. Having read the instructions properly now we realised we needed bigger pipes. The first job was to remove the old pipes – naturally this was a challenge. Of course the new pipes were bigger so didn’t fit through the route of the old pipes. By the end of the day we had removed the old pipes and started to install the new pipes.


Wednesday morning we were woken up very early by the ferry sounding it’s horn. Anne went into town for some provisions while Stephen carried on installing the new pipes. As we had to connect the pipes to the water tanks we had run the tanks down very low. So at last this afternoon we could re-fill the tanks. This also meant we could check some of the new connections we had put in. They worked well and there were no leaks! And we have water again. We have one more improvement to make on the pipe work for the water maker and we will then be ready to start using it.


Koshka and Yoyo have been sleeping all day and only become active about 8.30pm when it starts to cool down a bit. The last couple of days have been hot – but with a bit of breeze to stop it getting too hot.