OK – today we started on projects (yep its Friday and
it took all week to get going!),
We dug out the mizzen staysail from the forward locker and
raised it. We have never used this sail before so the objective was to work out
how it worked so we could use if for sailing downwind in light airs. We think
we may have figured it out but will be asking for advice.
We then started on the curtains. Anne made Version 2.0 and
Stephen beta tested it (fitted it for all the non computer people reading this).
We shaped it this time with curves at the corners to follow the shape on the
windows. It looks really good. Unfortunately the shape is not quite right and
it doesn’t fit. Of course you only realise this after its being fitted. Saturday
we will make Version 2.1.
Finally we went through and sorted out some paperwork. We
finished the evening watching “Catch me if you Can” on DVD.
Wow – a full day working. We do realise we need lots
more days like these to get the boat into ship shape condition!
Finally, the weather has settled down to be a consistent “shorts
and t-shirts” in the day and “jackets at night” when its
cooler (note the blue sky in the photo below!).