Arrived at the island of Tanna - anchored Port Resolution
Sea Mist > Sold to New Owners July 2016
John and Cheryl Ellsworth
Sun 28 Aug 2011 05:00
This morning, Sunday, we had a wonderful sail in 12 to 15 kts of wind on the
beam for the 50 nm from Anatom to Tanna...our 2nd island to experience in
the Vanuatu chain. We just dropped anchor a short while ago and are
presently getting the boat in order and readying a late lunch/early dinner.
We had 5 or days of overcast and drizzle/rain but yesterday the blue sky
came back to us and continued for the voyage today. The air temp is about 70
out of the sun....but of course the sun is HOT!...anywhere in the tropics.
We continue to be without internet and that will be the case for at least
another week ....or until we reach Port Vila on the island of Efate.....so
only emails are possible (both send and receive...HINT HINT!!...love to get
word from any of our blog watchers....just make sure to not include any
attachments/large files such as photos!! VERY IMPORTANT!!....we only have a
satellite phone for email connections....that works perfectly as long as no
one stuffs a large attachment into the works.
Visiting the volcano is the mission here on this island....everyone says it
is an experience that will last a lifetime....so we are looking forward to
it. We understand that it is not possible tomorrow due to the
vehicles/transportation being tied up with "market day" on the other side of
the island so we will have to wait until Tuesday.
More to come after we visit the volcano. We sailed today with Leu Cat and
went past Indimium enroute....on arrival here, we were happy to be greeted
by S/V Nine of Cups who said hello as they headed off for their visit to the
volcano this afternoon.
Cheers/John and Cheryl