We have said before...."Careful what you wish for....."....wind and seas!!

Sea Mist > Sold to New Owners July 2016
John and Cheryl Ellsworth
Wed 18 May 2011 02:42
25 23 S 177 21 E

Quick update to say all is well....we thought we were going to be back
sailing yesterday but no luck...the wind just would not develop as
forecast....then just after midnight, we were able to turn off the diesel
and enjoy a pleasant couple of hours of light wind sailing...then again it
was back to engine power until about 9 am today, Wednesday our 4th day on

Conditions quickly developed to 25 knots of True wind with Apparent up to
30 kts 40 - 60 degrees off our starboard bow....a strong low had developed
and passed by...now coming on 3 pm, the heavy stuff is pretty well gone
......no more 4 -5 meter seas. Sea Mist took it all in stride and behaved
very well...nice to have had the heavy stuff in daylight hours....even if it
did get very "black".

Must run now...all is well on-board with all of us.

Onto DAY 5....it should be "relatively" easy the rest of the way from the
forecasts we now have.

DTG 473 nm