Monday update

Scot Free III
Frank & Anne
Mon 26 Sep 2016 06:21
26:19.2N 17:27.2W
Just a note to clarify the cryptic contact instructions in our last-minute email, sent out on Saturday. If you send text messages (please do!!) we only receive them when we switch on the Satphone to request a weather file. We only do this once or twice a day, hence the delay.
We can only send and receive compressed emails which we use to access weather updates from Mailasail and all other email gets blocked and cannot be read until we are within coastal waters again. At US$800 for 500 minutes and zero free texts it makes even the most outrageous Vodafone contract look like a bargain, so I'm sure you'll understand.

Away from the long wind shadow of the Canaries and wind up to 25 knots now, so barrelling along. Although, we are very cautious and reef deeply at night, to reduce our speed to around 4 knots. It just doesn't seem right to be surfing along at 8 knots into the pitch black. Our racing friends think we are wimps:-) The chart-plotter GPS says, at this rate, we will arrive in Sal sometime in early October!!