7 June 2023. Works carried out on boat in Preveza
John and I fitted the cylinder and topped up the hydraulic oil reservoir. John fitted the Tecma switch. I removed the port Eaton limit switch and noted it was a different model to that on the starboard side (an LS20 instead of a LS-11S). We also removed the old corroded gas panel and replaced with new, conducting leak tests to ensure all connections were gas tight. In addition I removed all loose paint and rust from the gas bottles and painted them with quality two pack marine paint, along with the gas panel pipe work, to provide corrosion resistance.
Badly corroded gas fittings panel (above) replaced with new (below)
New panel fitted
Will replace inmast furler sealer as a matter of course
Port davit limit switch not functioning,
Port limit switch is the wrong type. Does not shut off hydraulics when davit is fully raised. So seal is overloaded and fails over a season or so. It had been hotwired and bypassed at the time of build. Eaton switch LS-20 on port side. Sholud be an LS-11S (below) as per SB davit
My cabin made up