Even if it's only getting out of bed. Actually I've done a bit better than that today, but not much. After a bit of a wild goose chase trying to find somewhere to replace the aluminium mast strut, I went past a place that was building aluminium boats and barges. Thinking that they would know something about aluminium I went in. They didn't have the right size tube but after I passed some sort of 'test' by saying it wasn't any good just straightening the strut, the owner, an Aussie, came up with a solution. Straighten the tube, cut it and weld in an insert. According to him stronger than the original and I suppose they ought to know. F$110 and ready on Tuesday at 1000. We'll see.
I drained the dingy today, a bit of a sorry sight but it appears OK.
A bit of a 'scrub up', followed by a lot of a 'pump up' and 'she'll be right mate'.
I also set up the hoisting system on the davits, but at the moment I'm short of two hose clips which were used to attach one set of positioning brackets to the port davit. Once I find them (or dig into an ever- shallower pocket) then I'll hoist the dingy. gosh, Trouters will look like a cruising boat again instead of a wreck.
John the GRP has half finished the rudders. The concrete has set and now he's fibreglassing over the blades. They do seem a bit heavy, but then the stainless shafts are attached and I know that they were quite heavy on their own.
Butto cleaned up under the boat, so John now has a clear work area for painting next week. A number of people are pissed-off with 'Martin the Meknik' so I'm hoping that he delivers the goods next week. If I try and give the job to somebody else it's going to cause yet more delay, will possibly be more expensive and I'm willing to bet that some of the engine parts would get 'lost' in transit.
Not much else to report. I feel absolutely drained so am planning this weekend 'off'. I'll probably go down and 'potter', maybe do a bit of tidying-up inside. right now I'm looking forward to not getting up at 0630 tomorrow.