Not exactly, more likely God's weather to make its mind up. At the moment
the forecast is changing almost every six hours (yes, yes.....I don't mean
a new forecast is issued I mean 'de prognosis' mon). Right now it looks
like check out on Sunday morning in a briskish NW wind (we'll be heading
NE), then light winds from Monday until Thursday when IF we are 400 ish
miles north of New Zealand we should be clear of the next bunch of
Northerlies. At least, that was the forecast this morning.....this
afternoon's forecast may say something different!
We're happily (?) munching our way through the ship's stores at the
moment, as is almost every other boat and looking forward to being warm
again sometime soon!
From this point on, no pictures in emails please as we'll be going over to
the satellite system as soon as we leave and of course we'll have no
Internet access. I'll try and put a position report on the blog every day,
but as always don't panic if there is a gap of a day or two. trip up to
Fiji should take up to 14 days, probably 3 or 4 less but the winds in
general look fairly light apart from when they're really blowing hard,
which of course we'll be aiming to avoid.
I'll confirm our departure or not as the case may be, so you'll know
whether or not we've left!
New Zealand 0220660631
A writer's life for me?