Weipa

12:39.933S 141:51.252E

Another long day. Had a good sail until late afternoon. With 1.5-2 meter swell from SW there was no way we could anchor just off the coast, so we had to keep going all the way to Weipa, which has a well lit shipping channel. Got here just before 11 pm. Made contact with another sailing yacht in here (on VHF) who guided us in. We're safely anchored for the night, looking forward to a good nights sleep. The weather in the gulf has apparently picked up to 40 knots and 6 metres breaking seas, so we're very happy we deceided to wait.

Nok en lang dag. Hadde en fin seilas i dag, men store havdønninger på 1.5-2 meter gjorde at vi ikke kunne ankre langs kysten, og måtte fortsette helt til Weipa. Vi kom inn i mørket i 11-tiden. Via VHF var vi i kontakt med andre båter her inne, og fikk god hjelp til å finne en plass å slippe ankeret. Her var masse bøyer og båter uten lys, men nå er vi trygt ankret. Nå kan vi sove godt. Været i bukta vi venter på å krysse har tatt seg opp som meldt og det er nå 40 knops vind og 6 meters brytende sjø.. Vi er veldig glade for at vi bestemte oss for å vente.

xxx E&J