9:03.8S 134:21.7W 2832 miles covered, 270
miles to go
Today was a good sailing day, with winds of 14 to
16 knots. If this continues then we should see Hiva Oa in about 36 hours,
which would be around 6 am on the 21st.
We have had the fishing lines out for a couple of
days, but the fish are not biting. It might be that we have been
going too slowly for them to be fooled by Jezebel.
With the lighter winds we have been having, we
are gradually losing ground. Today Serendipity overtook us. We tried
a couple of different sail configurations but nothing was good enough to
hold them off. Wind Dancer are somewhere close by as well. They have
ripped their spinnaker so we really should be able to stay ahead of them, but
they are still doing really well with their white sails. There is also a
Russian boat, Royal Leopard, which does not report their position in the daily
radio net, but our spy (Estella's mum) tells us they are close by too.
Come on wind, blow a bit harder.