Our position is 51:20:00S 62:10:00W
Necessity is now just north of the Falkland Islands. It was not an easy nigh, and the problems were all caused by ourselves. First the wind died (we had no power there), and we wanted to motor a little in order to make the boat more stable. Unfortunately we had a line in the water. That line is now nicely tied around the propeller. It was a sturdy line.
Diving at night was not an option, so we waited for morning. Heaving to was actually quite comfortable, and we all got some extra sleep. At first light I went in. It was coooold. I cleared part of it, but by then I was so cold I decided to wait. Right now we are sailing quite nicely, still with our prop nicely tied up. By now I think I do know how to clear it though. If anyone back home is concerned for my safety, we are being very careful.
Other than that the sailing has been with the wind mostly on the nose. It is becoming a Necessity trade mark. Right now the wind is on the beam, a very nice change.