To continue from the previous blog.The wind headed
us and built up so that we could make very little progress. We decided to come
into Lagos as we were only ten miles south and could sail it. The wind ended up
building to a northerly of up to 30kts which is not what we are looking for. We
were promised a SW 4/5 which would have been great.
As I am in an internet cafe I will try to post a
few pictures from the last couple of days.
The Rock sporting a Biggles scarf
Tarif MRCC on top of the hill which overlooks the
straits. I took this just as they forecast an F8 or 9. I think they must have
looked out of the window and seen what was happening to us.
One of the jet ferries entering Tarifa as we
The fortifications at Tarifa
Minka reefed down doing about 7.5kts.
We will set off in the morning to continue our
journey if the winds are anything like favourable.