Union Island - Frigate Island Anchorage Day 2

Donald Macdonald
Sat 27 Feb 2021 21:05
Unfortunately we have not been able to get off the boat today due the 20-30 knots of wind and not being able to launch the dinghy as would drop end down with engine going in the water. A 3rd pair of hand could do it OK. The other option to put the engine on when in the water not really an option as sitting at back of dinghy the wind wants to get under it an flip backwards. During middle of day the wind did get up with the rain and did cause me some concerns with the anchor holding, all was OK. Brightened up now, wind has not abated though.
Not wasted whole day did some upper deck polishing. Done areas a lot brighter, did not realise how dirty and dull it got.
John has been reading his book. He also has problems with his phone working again, it keeps dropping off line not sure why but maybe trying to connect to Grenada network is one of his theories as it is a local area SIM from there. Phone worked fine up in Young Island Cut. I think we are too far from Grenada, well from here Carriacou some 10 miles away. I'm sure all will be sorted if we can get ashore.