Day 3 - Aurora B Leaves the Tropics - Noon Position 23 27.600S 179 00.315W
Mike and Liz Downing
Tue 2 Nov 2010 05:09
The wind has been fairly consistent in direction and speed and we had a good noon-to-noon run of 152 miles. The wind and sea are on the beam as I write this, but the motion is not too bad. Calling into the Minerva reef was one of our options, but the forecasts suggests it's better to press on and we're currently passing 15 miles to the west of it. The forecasts suggest that there might be a low forming on the north coast of Australia which may move east towards our path, so we're making as much progress south as we can so if it does materialize it passes to the north of us. We're currently making 7kts which should get us sufficiently far south, but it looks like we might get a couple of light wind days, so it's unlikely that we'll be able to keep this speed up. We shall see.
radio email processed by SailMail
for information see: http://www.sailmail.com