logo Aurora_b's Web Diary
Date: 10 Sep 2010 02:40:00
Title: Day 5 - 17 57.409 161 20.574W

A noon-to-noon run of 131.8 miles. With 111 miles to go, hope to be in tomorrow morning. The winds and sea have both moderated today, the wind being around 15kts and the sea no more than moderate, so a much better sailing day. The storm jib is down and both genoas are poled out, but still reefed a little to keep them flat. If they're not flat, any bag within them collapses when we roll and fills again with an almighty bang. With the better seas we're not rolling that often, but do when an occasional big swell from the south east comes along. The predominant swell at 1.5 to 2 metres is still from the east. Our speed is now anything from 5 to 7kts depending on the wind at the time. The forecast is for both the wind and swell to increase again this evening and continue to build over the next few days. It's still not clear whether or not this will allow a stop at Palmerston.

----------
radio email processed by SailMail
for information see: http://www.sailmail.com




Diary Entries