Catania 21 August 2013
Catania Marina Berth
This morning we got hit by a storm generating 50 k/hr winds and heavy rain and hail on open sea. Happy not to be out there.
I am unwell and remain aboard. Stormy weather
prevails throughout the day. Not a good day. We decide
tomorrow we will travel north to Taormina by bus to visit its
historic Greek theatre etc rather than sail there for two
reasons: Firstly it is Ellie’s last day and she naturally
wants to make the most of it. If we sail it will take away
half the day in travel. Secondly with a 20 kt wind on the nose
it would be a very slow and wet trip.