Still in Sal

Michael Hughes and Ger White
Tue 4 Dec 2018 12:37

We had intended to sail south to the island of Boa Vista yesterday, but a change in wind direction has delayed us. Normally the wind blows from east of north but storms up in the North Atlantic have sent down a biggish swell from west of north which will make the Boa Vista anchorage very rally—maybe untenable. So we delayed and are still on Sal—-even here the anchorage is a bit affected.
Plan is to sail off tomorrow by which time the swell should be down somewhat, though it doesn’t go back round into the east until the weekend. And if we don’t like the anchorage on Boa Vista tomorrow afternoon we will just sail on overnight to Sao Nickolai or Mindelo.
Sent from my iPad