Brunswick Landing Marina - Georgia

Magic Friday
Phil, Di and Annelise
Mon 12 Mar 2018 18:59
31:09.5N 81:29.9W

Complete change of weather, the expected storm came in overnight - winds gusting over 30 knots and heavy rain. Thankfully we were tied up on the dockside and so had a relatively good sleep. Although the morning light revealed water drips in the saloon from the coach-roof hatch. Not serious, but time to do some re-sealing with marine silicone (another trip to West Marine)!

But first, a new masthead anemometer ordered as a conversation with Simrad revealed no spare wind vanes available for our current (discontinued) anemometer...typical. At least the new one is supposed to have a shaft keyway to prevent twisting if/when birds perch atop (a constant problem with our current instrument) and numerous masthead trips!

A brisk walk up to the boat yard in the strong blustery winds to check if anyone would be able to look at the outboard - no joy. But a recommendation of a nearby marine outfitters meant we now have someone taking a look at why it refuses to start.

So, a few more days on the boat waiting on the outboard problem, always plenty of jobs still to do!

Phil and Di