Riding along on the crest of a wave
Skipper: Kate Cope
Sun 23 Jun 2019 15:57
The mood has perked up aboard Purple Mist today.
1) The S2 Spinnaker has been flying all day with no signs of wrapping itself on the forestay.
2) The sun is shining and the wind a favourable 16-20kts from behind
3) We are slowly climbing up the rankings. We can only see Line honours data and thanks to Deb and Tessa getting reports on Class 2 ranking. We’ve moved from 13th in Line honours to 11th and we can see our targets both Polished Manx and Rainmaker on Ais and reeling them in ! I would hope we are now past Polished Manx. I understand we’ve climbed from 10th to 8th in class 2 and next target is Yenda 20nm away at 13:00 but a higher handicap so will not have to close all those miles ....hurrah !
4) The naughtiest sail on the boat A5 has been stretched out and dried and despite clinging to the forestay in some gravity defying move has no noticeable damage. It is bullet proof being made of something special like 1.8oz cloth. It originally came with the yacht Bigfoot so maybe it’s just missing home.
5) Bobby’s Astronav put us only 2NM away from our Actual position. He’s improving all the time.