Party nights......well what else do we do when cruising?
andromeda of plymouth
Susan and Andrew Wilson
Sun 11 May 2014 18:53
Lincoln came and looked at the gear box yesterday afternoon in the torrential rain and pronounced it in not bad condition. We have not damaged it too much and we should, hopefully, be able to leave in a few days after a few more tests and checks. The problem was essentially loss of transmission fluid, though there was no obvious leak. The suspicion is that the filler/dipstick is at fault and we will rectify this as soon as possible. The secondary issue of the alternator we will need to wait until tomorrow to see how to resolve. We've had endless problems with the alternator and are thinking of simply changing it for a new one. Lincoln said he would return today for further tests, so we wait with a degree of apprehension.
Tuesday/Wednesday look to be reasonable days to make a move north if we can resolve the final issues - here's hoping. The rain, thunder, lightning and winds have been simply amazing, but things do seem to be calming down a little now and we are starting to dry out.
Hope Bermuda is living up to expectations - at least the rain has stopped down here.
Safe sailing to all in ARC Europe - we will try and catch you up.
Andrew & Susan