L'Esprit de la Mer
Dr Chris Bates
Sat 15 Aug 2020 21:36
We now have to face the situation where the rest of the world is closed to us by the Covid situation and that we cannot leave New Zealand by Yacht this year . Our plan to begin the long journey home to the UK has to be put on hold for now . Our Visas run out i September and we are beginning the process of applying for an extension untill the end of the Pacific cyclone season in May 2021 . This is only approved in exceptional circumstance but we can hope . If we are required to leave then we probably lose the boat because it could be years before we could come back here to continue .
Good news is that Customs have extended all TIE's untill July 2021 .
We hope the Kiwi's continue to be kind to us .