Talulah's Log - alongside in Rodney Bay Marina, St Lucia.

Talulah's Web Diary
Paul & Anette Morris
Wed 20 Dec 2006 14:32
position "14:04.483N 060:56.884W"
Wednesday 20th December 2006
Well, we made it, after 21 days at sea, we rounded Pigeon Island and sailed over the finish line 0703 hours on the morning of the 18th December.   A little tired but happy to be here, and thankful that we had not had the mishaps that other yachts had experienced along the way.   The weather was good to us for the finish, and merely an 'echo' of what we had experienced on the way over.
We rafted up to Creighton's, another ARC yacht, and a guy came on board with some Rum Punches.   Andrew, my Son was also there to meet us, with 2 bottles of Champagne, all the spares we needed for the Boat, and a great big welcome.   Breakfast consisted of Rum Punch, Champagne and then baguettes, croissants and euphoria!!   We went ashore and met some of the other participants and heard all sorts of stories about encounters with illegal immigrants, whales, storms and many other things.   We related our stories of whales, blown spinnakers and others before eventually falling asleep in the afternoon, before going ashore for the 'worlds biggest' steak and fries!
Lots of work to do on the 19th, to repair some of the damage done on the way over.   Hatches were changed, generators fixed (again!), battery chargers changed, leaks traced and sealed - and more parties, including a great Australian barbeque on 'Steamy Windows'.    The tanks were topped up, gas bottle filled, and now we're ready for the next adventure which will take us to Martinique for the nights of 22 and 23 Dec, then south to Bequia and Tobago Cays for Christmas eve and Christmas Day, where we hope to find a deserted Palm Tree'd beach for Christmas lunch, snorkeling, swimming and perhaps an evening barbeque.
But first, a couple more parties to attend over the next couple nights, a jungle canopy tour this afternoon, and more fun in the sun (actually we've got a tropical downpour just now!!)