Banda - Photos
Barry and Margaret Wilmshurst
Sat 5 Sep 2009 10:20
Banda - a definite highlight - Photo Album
1. From the water an attractive colonial style house
2, The street leading into town shows the colonial influence.
Banda showing the more colourful Asian side
1. On our visit to the nutmeg plantation we inspected some boat building at the entrance to the village. This picture shows a smart racing canoe.
2. High on the hillside was the old fort and we were accompanied by many children as ever along with these four little monkeys!
1. Nutmegs and mace drying
2. Opening the fruit to reveal the nutmeg with the mace around
1. Visiting the nutmeg plantation along with the village children
2. Now that's a novel place to hang one's washing
Lunch time for these two tots sitting amidst the boat building wood
At the quay