Almost half way on which so far has been our best passage to date. School is
going well, I am doing a project with the kids every morning. I asked hem
both to think about an Island that they have just discovered. Day 1 was
aerial and landscape view, position, currency flag, name. We now starting to
populate and urbanize the islands. They are loving it, and I hope through it
they will learn a lot. Although the projects are the same, Cal has to do
more on working out land mass, writing, thinking etc.
We are on various nets every day, mornings we catch up with friends at 6.30
am, then at 9 am there is the Pacific net, today I am hosting a quiz, lets
see how that goes down. Actually lets see how you do!
1.What does the word nesia mean as in Polynesia?
2. What Pacific Island boasts the 2nd largest volcanic crater?
3. Which Pacific Islander is a top 10 Pro golfer in the PGA?
4. What was captain Cooks vessel called?
5. The Royal society commissioned him to study what celestial bodies course,
hence going to Tahiti?
6. Which Dutch navigator discovered Fiji?
7. Which island did Thor Heyerdahl land on in 1947 on the Kon Tiki raft?
8. Which nation got knocked out of the RWC 1/4 finals in 2007 by SA?
9. Which Spanish explorer named the Marquesas in 1595?
10.Where is the deepest part in world oceans?