We have had a really bad time of it on this passage. Slowly we are getting
there. Things were so bad yesterday that we either had to head back to
Panama or go straight through to the Marquesas. After some real hard
discussions we decided we would carry on trying to make Galapagos and if we
ran out of fuel we would then turn back for Panama (6 days behind us) As
mentioned the wind has been on the nose, the current at 2kts against us, the
wave pounding the boat and making life bad and to top it all the pounding
seems to have created a hole in the water tank and we have lost all our
water. Luckily the water maker is working and we can fill drinking water
from that when needed.
Yesterday we filled a bucket so we could wash, living without running water
is harder than one thinks...shows how spoilt we are.
The satellite reception has also been so poor we can only get messages out
once a day.
Anyway things have changed slightly, the wind has backed the seas are down a
little, hope it holds if it does we will be there in 3 days.