So much for an easy mother watch. No sooner had i put the kettle on for the fist cup of T. The generator was broken, the fan belt had failed, and a strand had been flying round ripping the soundproofing apart. We easily replaced the fan belt, i managed to get it done before Richard went for the manual and was able to read more into the job than was necessary. While cleaning the soundproofing out of the generator housing, Richard found that the air intake box had a broken gasket, well it was broken after it had been tinkered with.
So in true fashion, a repair was fashioned from the galley, using a cereal box, and a cleaning cloth, oh and the obligatory gaffer tape, a new gasket was created, and installed.
Then we found a leak from the hot water tank. So a cut up water bottle was used as a collector, with the lid at the bottom so the collected leak can be drained off.
Finally the end of the day all meals cooked, T and cake served