Prepaired for the sea
Erik Lindgren/Pia Hultgren
Fri 18 Mar 2016 20:04
After three faboluos days on Hiva oa, we felt ready to go to sea again.
- We are “checked in” in the Frensh Polynesia
- Spirit got some attention not only in the engine but also on the huul, yes after 16 days in the warm ocean the hull was not black, it was green and on top of that we fond small shrimps look aliked things stucked in the stern. No idea for how long they had hitch-hiked...
- We got some more provisioning and we defenitely got some culture
- Elsa and I got three super nice morning joggs
- and Spirit also got some top up with diesel
The diesel was a bit of an effort... we used our jerry-tanks of 30 litres and went four turns to the fuel station with the dinghy.
The locals gave us fruit and now we have bananas for all the way to Tahiti!
So ready to leave!
We stopped for a wounderful swim and lunch break 10 Nm south of Hiva oa in a georgeous little bay on Tahuata.
I just have to say TURQOISE!!
Sailing again. We haven’t decided exactly which atoll in the Tuamutos we aim at,
the wind will decide!
Todays soundtrack: “Nu är jag på väg igen...” med Marie Fredriksson