We finally had the wind on our side today, just at the right angle for sailing on our track. We averaged 5.3 kts so finally made some miles with the engine off (saving our fuel). It was good to shut down the engine and do some sailing for a change. We are making better time than we had thought, so will need to slow up over the next couple of days. We don't want to arrive in the Galapagos on the weekend as all the entry fees are double (weekend penalty rates). We have decided to head for Academy Bay on Isla Santa Cruz instead of Wreck Bay. We have approx 200 nm to go. The boys were busy all afternoon, refuelling the starboard tank, bleeding and getting the starboard engine going then doing the same with the Genset (although that hasn't been sorted out yet). We are taking sponge baths to conserve water just in case the Genset doesn't work and therefore no water maker. We will be crossing the Equator in the next day or 2 so have put the Bubbles in the fridge for our 'Crossing the Equator' celebration (Rum will be thrown over board as an offering to Neptune). More on that when it happens. Caught a fish today, first one for over a week.
We will probably go to updates every 2 days from now on to conserve sat phone minutes so don't worry if you don't hear from us every day.
As at 0400 on Friday morning we are 100 nm from the Equator and 183 nm from Academy Bay.