Position as at 12 noon UTC 28th of
doing 6.3 kts with head sail poled out and main with a preventer in a
parasailor went up yesterday but only for a while as the wind died down and
there was a real risk of getting it wrapped round the spreaders.
died down completely about 6pm yesterday, so we had to motor for a few
had two problems. First is the ship compass is sticking so unusable, but
Steve has got round the problem by fitting it back to front so it is now
serious one is that the autopilot has decided not to work any more, it died
early in my watch last night. So we are now steering by hand which is hard
Tom will have a look today, but this involves completely emptying an aft locker
and then hanging upside down through a small hole to take a look.
Hopfullly something can be done but if not the rest of the crossing will be a
lot harder than we planned but we should turn up at the other end with large
weather is getting warmer now and bikini's are definetely coming out. We
seem to be going a lot further south than most other yacht on the ARC, I just
hope it pays off.
We did not
see a single yacht/ship last night but this morning we saw one yacht in the
distance, which may or may not be on the ARC.
far so good overall - just hope for good winds from the right