Tom Fenton and Faith Ressmeyer
Mon 24 Sep 2012 20:46
We are safe in Almeria. It was a windy day. Just on the cusp between a good breeze and a stronger wind than you would want. Should have been an F4/5 but seemed to rise into an F6 gusting 7 at times.  And the direction kept changing, frustratingly. It was fun but physical sailing at times and we are tired. We have spent the last hour or two poring over the forecasts trying to decide whether it is safe to try to round Cabo de Gatto tomorrow. We had hoped to reach the Mar Menor on Saturday. So the forecast for Saturday shows, just beside the Mar Menor, the strongest winds we have seen in the Mediterranean. We must have forgotten to pour the right libations to the right gods.  More to follow. T