6-7day 28 Nov 21:27
A day with wind 18-25 knots wind, sailing with full sails (up to today we have been using full sails even when the wind is picking up) and a part of the day with the Gennaker. The sea is a bit different today with mixed waves from NW, N and ENE sometimes difficult to steer some times more comfortable. Actually it is not steady, but we feel we are entering the trading winds. We can observe the small clouds in the sky just like an old locomotive train, blowing small puffs of smoke with some small grey clouds here and there bringing rain. Today we felt few drops but nothing more. We are sailing now to the west and we don’t want to sail further south. We think is not necessary. The weather analysis and the observation of the fast yachts’ progress suggest we shouldn't get more south. I decided to keep our course below the rump line, and not to follow the more conservative ''where the butter melts'' route. We will not know if the decision is the correct one until we see the position of the others tomorrow. During the day we were making 8-11 knots and now we do about 7.5kt
Spirits are good, we finished for lunch our fresh salad and for dinner we decided to make a ''sfougato'' omelet which we enriched with grated cheese and a nice gourmet Spanish ham (not jamon) nice brown bread and cold beer.
That's all for today folks. Good night