Hi, Larry here
... and still no sign of Scurvy amongst the
With just over 800nm left to run, we can almost
taste the rum punch! we have taken heed of all the warnings and checked
everywhere for signs of chafe (including between the crew) and have found
nothing, so far, to worry about. The worrying thing is that just meant we
haven't found it, not that it's not there!
The Trade winds are still holding at 15 to 20kts
most of the time, so progress is as good as we could hope for. We have only had
two minor showers, both at night but neither produced any squalls. Ron has
spotted an upper trough off the west coats of Africa which he thinks may produce
some squally showers in a few days but he doesn't have sufficient information on
that yet. Whether it develops into anything is almost irrelevant as we have to
take conditions as they are.
We are both suffering to some extent through lack
of sleep. It's hot and noisy in the cabin during the day so catching up on sleep
is not really possible.
It's now three days since we saw another boat and
that was the only one in six days. Where is the rest of the fleet? sadly I know
the answer to that. They are way out ahead or finished already. Still, there are
around 6 in our area - are we beginning to smell that