Guess what, we're still at it. I thought for sure we
would be in Charleston by now, but the weather gods would not have
About dusk yesterday, we got hit by a monster gale
that has lasted until right now, late afternoon the next day. We got
to within 86 miles of Charleston, and could not go any further in that
direction. Winds have been steady 35kts and we recorded 41 kts.
Can't make any progress in the gulf stream with those kinds of winds. Plus
there has been thunder and lightening and a little rain. Mostly thought
We decided about dawn today to head further
north. Our destination now is Cape Fear. Now how that for tempting
We have no pilot books for the area, so we will be relying
solely on our charts.
More about today later.